Creating an online assignment
By: Rose Lopez
From your course homepage, go to your first topic block.
New assignment page.
1. Name your assignment.
2. Give the directions for the assignment.
3. Select how many points the assignment is worth.
4. You can temporarily disable the "Due date" option until you're ready to assign it to the students.
Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click "Save and return to course".
There are two other place where the assignment is referenced now.
1. If you click on "Assignments", you'll see a list of all the assignments you've created, regardless of the topic block they are found.
2. If you click on "Grades", you'll see the assignment and the students who've completed the assignment.
Scroll to the upper right part of the screen and select "Switch role to..." to see the assignment from a student's perspective.
Student assignment page.
1. The student has their directions.
2. The page indicates the student hasn't yet responded.
3. They can respond by clicking on the "Edit my submission" button.