Setting Up Categories
This lesson will set up category weights for your classes.
So before we begin, you might be thinking...where the heck is that gradebook thing?
- Go to the Faculty/Staff Portal and click on OnCampus (under Frequently Accessed).
- Login. Don't be scared of the ever pulsing blue dote.
- Select a class from under Classes (upper left corner).
- Then select Gradebook (located roughly in the middle).
Ok...away we go.
1. Click on Edit Setup.
2. Click on Year or Marking Period.
In most cases you will select Year.
Select Marking Periods if the categories and/or weights will be different each semester (ex. Written Comp or AP courses that do not have a final during the second semester, etc). Check with your DC if you have any questions.
3. Select Total Points with Weights under Calculation Method.
You notice down below your other sections are already checked.
All departments except for Math and Physical Development will select Total Points with Weight.
Math and Physical Development will select Total Points.
No department will select Percentages.
4. Click "Select assignment types"
5. Select the appropriate assignment types.
Make sure to double check with your department as to which types are used and their corresponding percentage weight. When you're done selecting, click Apply. The sample above has four categories selected.
6. Add in your percentage weights.
Make sure your total is 100%.
7. Scroll down to the bottom and click on Save.
8. Scroll back up and make sure your total percentage equals 100%.
If so, good to go.
9. Scroll to the bottom and click on Save & Close.
And you are all set to start grading the students...almost. See the next tutorial on Setting up Assignments and/or enjoy a refreshing beverage. The students await their grades.