Creating an assessment
Click on either "Assessments" or "Build Assessment"
Set up your assessment
1. Title your assessment.
2. Select the folder where you would like to keep your assessment.
3. Click the "Add Questions to Assessment" button.
Adding questions to your assessment
1. Click the box to select all the questions.
2. Click "Add Selected to Assessment".
3. Click the "Close" button (not in screen shot).
Now you can see your questions in your assessment
1. Your assessment is filed in your folder.
2. You can renumber your questions, if necessary.
3. You can add a message that your students will see before they begin the exam.
1. Maximum point information.
2. For in-class assessments, keep "secure" on. You can randomize the order of the questions (Randomize Sequence) for each student, keeping groups of questions together. You can also randomize multiple choice answer choices for each student. IMPORTANT: if a student has a tech issue with their device and they need to restart, they will need the "Universal Restart Code" to get back into their assessment.
3. You can decide what tools you would like made available for the test-taker. I strongly recommend choosing the "missing answer reminder".
4. You can add attachments here. An example would be audio for a listening assessment.
Press "save" when you're done
Preview your assessment
Click "Preview" and now sign in to the SofTest app on your iPad. Take the assessment and make sure it looks like you're expecting it to and note any corrections.
Post your assessment
When you're satisfied, click "Post Assessment".
1. Do not use "O", "0", "l", "i". Use completely random password of at least 8 characters. Ex: 3mh8f7s
Good News: When the new version of ExamSoft is released later this semester, passwords will be automatically generated.
2. Type a bracket and the first part of your last name and you'll get a list of only your courses. Pick the course you want the assessment assigned to.
3. You have a few options here: "None" (No review), "Delayed Review" (schedule a time for the students to see their results in class in the future. Results will be deleted from their device afterwards). If you choose "None" you can always release results later, but students will have a copy on their device that you cannot delete.
1. Choose the date you would like students to be able to download their exam. Students can download their exam anytime and keep it on their SofTest app. They will not be able to open their exam without the password.
2. Choose the date that students can no longer download the exam.
3. Add your name.
4. Choose the date you would like an automatic email reminder sent to your students to have them download the assessment. All of the instructions for the students will be in the email.
5. Click the "Post Assessment" button.
Your posted exam
At the bottom of the screen now, you can see the information about your exam. If you click on the pencil icon, you will be able to bring up the earlier screen and make any edits to the dates, and also retrieve the password.