Creating a wiki and a wiki within a wiki
By: Katherine Wesmiller
A Wiki allows you to create a collaborative webpage. There are 3 different types:
Groups wiki--You have just one wiki with all of you (teacher and students), working on it together
Student wiki--Each student has their own wiki that only they and you as a teacher can view and edit. Students can neither view nor edit each other's wikis.
Teacher wiki--Everyone can view it but only you can edit it.
1. Name the wiki
2. Write a description
3. Choose between "groups" "student" and "teacher"
4. Choose "HTML only" unless you know how to use Wiki Markup then use "no HTML"
5. Choose "Yes" for Allow binary files
6. You want to disable auto-linking unless you understand how to use CamelCase linking
There are also options for allow students to edit the wiki, but in some cases it allows them to remove large amounts of information so do not choose any of them for your first wiki.
Scroll down to continue setup
Editing your wiki
Notice the different links at the top, right now "view" and "edit" are the same. Once you start making changes they will be different
1. If you want to have the titles look different you can choose a heading
2. To create new wiki put brackets around the name as shown. This will make a new wiki for that particular group
3. If you want to see what you've created click "preview" but make sure you "save" your work before jumping to a new wiki or everything will be lost